Sunday, February 12, 2012

EDUC 6305 Advanced Educ.Tech. Jing Graphic Activity #19


As an instructor using Jing, it provides the opportunity to "teach in the moment".  For example, I chose the above JingPyramid  to help students make a connection between activities and levels of  LOT and  HOT.  Also, during instruction it is sometimes difficult to highlight or point out specific items, so project your image, and while instructing, hilight, frame, add text, and receive students' input (create your content together).  I also find Jing valuable when explaining the steps or procedures to complete an assignment.  By taking screencasts, and inserting directions, students get a  visual aid to assist in assignment completion.  On the other hand, students would be able to use the tool for various presentations.


  1. What file types come out of Jing? PNG (Portable Network Graphic - This type of file allows for transferring of images on the internet.)
  2. How / where do you save images on your computer? Most of the time I save images on my desktop if I need immediate retrieval. Also, I save in my" Pictures" in various folders. However, if I know that I will need certain pictures from different physical locations, I save in my Dropbox account.
  3. How do you access your Jing history? I like to refer to the Jing "yellow ball" as the "sun". Click on the middle "ray" and that is the history.
  4. What happens if you screencast an item in  your history? After you screencast an item in your history, it automatically saves the image link, then go to screencast.com and you will see your images/videos in your screencast library. Or, open History from Jing, click on image, click share and upload will begin, after upload you will be able to open a new tab in your browser and paste link. A plus to using Jing, you can access your images from your screencast library, from other devices when connected to the internet.
  5. How to  import Jing objects into our blog posts? (1) After creating your Jing image, save on your computer (desktop, picture folder etc...) go to new post on blog page, insert image (2) Go to your screencast library, Share url, embed link or embed on your page.
  6. How do you publish your artifact? If I'm publishing in a blog posting, I will choose new post, click on insert image, and locate image on my computer. Or, I will follow one of the steps listed below.
7. How do you share your artifact with others?


NETS -T:   Teachers are modeling the use of digital tools while implementing Jing in the classroom.  Jing would allow teachers to effectively communicate information to a wide-audience.  

3.  Model Digital Age Work and Learning
 Teachers exhibit knowledge, skills, and work processes representative of an innovative professional in a global and digital society.
a. Demonstrate fluency in technology systems and the 
transfer of current knowledge to new technologies 
and situation.
c. Communicate relevant information and ideas effectively to students, parents, and peers using a variety of digital age media and format.


No comments:

Post a Comment