Thursday, April 12, 2012

EDUC 6814 Final Scratch Project

My Final Scratch Project is an interactive story that the requires the user to help Pip the squirrel find the golden acorn.  There is a puzzle to solve and the option to listen to music.  I decided to create an interactive story since creating an interactive story is a TechSteps project for 5th graders.  The process for developing the project consisted of completing various Scratch tutorials and exploring the site.  Viewing, playing other projects and learning how to remix scripts assisted in the interactive story completion.  It was interesting after completing the tutorials to see the numerous scripts and script combinations that were available to use.  The challenging part was creating a project and keeping the file size under 10MB.  I'm also not very talented with free drawing, so I used the paint program/drawing component with the eraser (a lot)!  Honestly, I'm proud that I was able to realize my idea that I had from the start.  If I had to change something, I would probably add more characters and text for conversation.  If asked to create something new, I would focus on mini-games that I could add to a literacy-game station in a classroom focusing on the content being taught and creating lesson plans that allow students to use Scratch within the curriculum.
  


1 comment:

  1. I have a better idea of how these kinds of "mini" games could increase reading and writing skills! You really need to read carefully in order to understand what to do to get to the next level! I thought you game was fun and challenging to play! Your students would love planing and creating these and I do think it would have positive effect on reading comprehension! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete