Sunday, January 29, 2012

EDUC 6305 Advanced Educ.Tech. Self-Portrait Activity #15

Using Piccassohead  to create a self-portrait was relaxing, fun and a time to just be "yourself".

This activity enabled the learner to personalize the activity using digital resources and tools.  While creating my self-portrait, I kept my learning styles in mind.  Hence, the number of eyes to display my need for visual learning.  The extra large lips to verify the need for speaking, or some say, excessive talking.  I chose the double-image above the head of the main drawing to indicate that I like to view things from many different angles or points of view.  Did you notice only one ear?  I prefer to not learn by listening  to lectures or videos.  
My extra large feet are indicative of always be "on the run".  My need for moving around and being active is an important part of my overall personality.  Here is a link to a learning style inventory if you are interested in finding your learning style(s):  Vark    
Allowing students to use piccassohead would be a great "getting to know you activity", or to illustrate characters from a story/book. 
Using the piccassohead website was user-friendly.  However, I did have to start over once or twice because of not being able to edit a "part" of the picture after moving on to another section.  
NETS-T:  Teachers implementing piccassohead are promoting an environment of creativity and innovative thinking.  
 1. Facilitate and Inspire Student Learning and Creativity (a) promote, support, and model creative and innovative thinking and inventiveness   2. Design and Develop Digital-Age Learning Experiences and Assessments (a) customize and personalize learning activities to address students' diverse learning styles, working strategies, and abilities using digital tools and resources

1 comment: